Friday, January 13, 2012

What to write about? I'm not in a good mood at all tonight, as has become normal. I wish that wasn't the case, and I suppose I'm not helping things for myself. One of the things I'm trying to do to alleviate that is this blog. I'm left, then, with the problem of what to write about. 

Do I write about what I'm listening to at the moment? It's "Victim of Changes" by Judas Priest, from the Unleashed In The East album. This is one of four versions I have of this song (original and three live). It never ceases to give me a few shivers when Rob Halford hits the impossibly high pitched scream of "VICTIM OF CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES" toward the end. If you ever want to hear a song that builds to absolute perfection, with a moment that's mind-bendingly climactic, this is the song. Glenn Tipton and KK Downing coming together and harmonizing at the beginning of the song, two verses, middle section, incredible guitar solo, and then....it happens (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXToYkkSg9M). But I don't think I'll write about that.

Do I write about the Pittsburgh Penguins? Or the NHL? As far as the Penguins go, there are rumblings that members of the team are causing issues due to their disbelief in the severity of Sidney Crosby's injury. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but sometimes I feel that they should keep it to themselves. The team will go nowhere if there is a rift between groups of players. I miss reading reports of how tight-knit the team is, and how everyone loves coming to the rink. As I said yesterday, it's hard to keep a positive attitude when everything seems to be beating you down. Believe me, I know how the Penguins feel. At the same time, the only thing you can really do is put your head down and keep skating. I don't want to talk about the Penguins.

By the way, my music has switched to "Not An Addict" by K's Choice. It's a one hit wonder by an alternative band, fronted by some chick with a really hot voice. Unfortunately, when I look her up, it appears she may have more testosterone than me. Oh well, it's a good song, and easy to play on my guitar. This is good, because I suck at guitar, so any song I can play makes me feel a little superhuman.

Moving on to the NHL, tonight was a busy one. The Canadiens traded Mike Cammalleri to Calgary for Rene Bourque. A few other draft picks and prospects switched hands, but I honestly care more about the fact that my mattress is annoyingly close to the wall, than them. This trade set the internet on fire for about an hour, as Cammeljoke was pulled off the ice, mid-game, sent to the hotel, and told to pack up and get the hell out. I guess talking smack on your own team is a surefire way to get shipped to Alberta. For those who didn't pay attention in Geography, being traded to the Canadian province of Alberta is a lot like having Joseph Stalin say "Comrade...how would you like a vacation to Siberia?". Not interested in that.

Really, I'm looking for humor, but I can't find any. This is the biggest piece of garbage I'll post on here, so I probably won't even link it to facebook. Thank God it's the weekend tomorrow.