Sunday, January 29, 2012

Random Thoughts: Check Out My Friends + Arby's Story

These are just random thoughts. This is a definite throwaway post. I'm only tweeting it out so I can give my friends a little attention.

-Pretty cool hearing "Melanie Merinayyy" on the radio tonight. I listened to a LOT of twangy cowboy folks before she was on, but it was pretty cool hearing a friend on the radio. Awesome. When I met her, I also pronounced her name wrong, but that dude totally chopped it. Oh well. Melanie Meriney on facebook, look it up. I'd offer to be her background singer, but anybody who knows me will tell you that me singing is worth running from.

This blog is a vehicle for my thoughts and helping my friends.

-While I'm at it, http://iampittbasketball.blogspot.com/. View from the zoo. Catchy name, right there.

-The weather madness continues. There was no snow this morning, and then around 4:45, we got hit with 2 inches or so. Not a lot of snow, in general, but that's a pretty interesting 10 minutes. Tomorrow is supposed to be cold, and then it's right back up to 50. 

-The heat's been off in our building for two days, so I'm bundled up like an eskimo. The good thing is, we don't need a refrigerator right now.

-John hit up the beach yesterday. Got some awesome pictures from it. He's pretty good with a camera. I'm thinking about putting on a swimsuit and hopping in. 

Looks totally safe.

-I didn't get to sleep until around 8 a.m. I tried to get to bed around 5, but had a wicked toothache. I promised I wouldn't touch my debit card until I actually had some money, but I needed advil, so I took a stroll over to CVS. I'm pretty sure everyone thought I was hammered, and I can't honestly blame them. When I saw that I could get generic ibuprofen for 3 bucks, I did a sick fistpump and yelled "wooooooooo" in the store. The kind old lady from Mt. Lebanon, who works there, laughed. She loves me.

Actually, this is VERY accurate.

As I was walking to CVS, I noticed the lights were on at Arby's. I have had a craving for a sausage, egg, and cheese wrap for months, but I'm never awake or not in class to facilitate this endeavor. I asked the lady at CVS if they were open, and she said they were. Dwight Schrute fistpump yet again.

I'm not sure if it was because I was tired, or if it was delirious joy from the fact that I was about to conquer the very food I had desired for months, but when I got to the register at Arby's, I was unable to formulate the words for what I wanted. When the lady asked what I wanted, I simply said "huh", because I guess I had assumed she'd know exactly what I needed. I pointed to the wrap and said "that, but like...in a combo", meaning "hell yeah, I want a drink and hash browns". I assumed she'd be annoyed by this, but I feel like she's seen it all, serving breakfast next to a college. A tired, sober kid with a toothache was nothing. She smiled and laughed, just like CVS lady.

Then I shocked her. The look on her face when I popped open my ibuprofen and drained three of them with a Sprite was priceless. I wish I had it on tape.

The only other people who were in there were two old guys. One of them walked up, paid for some food, and left before it got to him. The other guy went to the counter, asked for some cardboard boxes, and sure enough, he left with 6 empty cardboard boxes. Honestly, I had entered the twilight zone. None of this story makes sense, and I can't believe you're still reading this.

I am very sorry.